December 7th marks the one month anniversary of the Wild Strawberries Movement and with your participation, we would like to march for human rights in Taiwan!
Please join us to rehearse the march that has been voluntarily reported to law enforcement authorities
Noon Registration and Assemble at Liberty Square
1:00 p.m. Non-Violent Civil Resistance Workshop
- General session on safety rules and guidelines on conducting a peaceful march
- Joint pledge for a peaceful march by all participants, including students, private citizens, and NGOs
- “Wild Strawberries Fight Song” led by Takao Fight Song Band and an exhibition show
II. March Route
2:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. March Commences from Liberty Square
- Follow along Chung-Shan S. Road, passing the Legislative Yuan and Administrative Yuan.
- After turning right onto Chung-Hsiao E. Road, will walk along Lin-Sen S. Road and Chi-Nan Road before returning to Chung Shan-S Road with the final destination at Ketagalan Boulevard
- Command car arrives at Ketagalan Boulevard (ETA 4:30 p.m.)
4:30 p.m. Memorial Service for Human Rights
5:30 p.m. Return to Liberty Square
- Following the memorial service, the group will leave Ketagalan Boulevard and cross over Chung Shan S. Road via the Ai-Kuo W. Road intersection to return to Liberty Square.
III. Evening Reception
6:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m. The Wild Strawberries Evening Reception
- Wild Strawberries Movement representatives from all over Taiwan will share their thoughts and experiences over the last month
- Declaration of future goals and objectives
- Performance by Mr. Ling Sheng-Hsiang